Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ah, Fall

As I watched two deer munching away at what is left of the hayfield in front of my house, I had to stop and enjoy the beauty of the beginning of fall. The promise of cooler weather, the splendor of the trees changing into their winter clothes, and the feeling that the whole world is changing only makes me realize how blessed I am while others struggle to meet each day.  Many have traveled to our great country to find safety, security, peace, and education: a new life for their families.  As educators we hold the keys to great success or the power to close doors on dreams. I challenge each of you to unlock those doors, prepare yourself to meet each child in your care with the new ideas for future success.

Several people  have come up with cute and useful 10 Most... or My Favorite.... lists. I have some of those too. 10 Most Successful Ways to Cheat on My Diet and 100 Excuses Not to Clean My House. But one list that you may like to check out is my list of websites that provide useful information for ESL and classroom teachers. So here it is, I hope you find it worth your time.


Websites
http://www.colorincolorado.org/ a bilingual site for families and educators

www.wordsift.com find pictures, videos and other helpful information for about any word

www.listserv@unc.edu-Natural Resources listserv

www.icanreadsongs.org-Non-profit organization ICANREAD, Inc-beginning readers K-1

www.esl.guide@about.com Kenneth Beare gives tips on ESL instruction

songs@kiddles.com songs with sheet music, words, and audio online

www.enchantedlearning.com picture dictionary

schoolsmovingup_notices@wested.org Schools Moving Up, West Ed.-Free Webinars

www.childrenslibrary.org books in many different languages

www.WiZIQ.com English Courses, Tests and Classes

www.eslcafe.com Dave’s ESL CafĂ©, all things ESL: jobs, stuff for teachers, stuff for students, stuff for everyone. Great site.

www.readinglessons.com A free program that uses step-by-step activities to teach reading.
 
www.literacycenter.net The Early Childhood Network 

No comments:

Post a Comment