Monday, January 9, 2012

When things reach the boiling point, make tea.

Okay, I give up. Simple as that. I have tried to register for TESOL several times and each attempt has been unsuccessful. It isn't their website, it's me. First, my membership had expired, so had to stop and renew that. Then, I didn't know which hotel would be the best, had to stop and research that. Now, I can't pay for anything! My credit card expires before the conference and because no payment will be made until the stay is complete, they won't take my card. Frustration is reaching the boiling point and this is really a minor deal. I still have a place to live, my family is safe, we have food, we have freedoms, we are not fearing anything or anyone. So, my advice to me is to GET A GRIP! This is no big deal.

Speaking of big deals, TESOL is. Have you ever checked them out? You should. Not only do they put on an international conference with all the big names in the ESL field,  they offer so much more. Online learning, publications, webinars, etc. Membership is $95 for basic but there are several other membership options available.

To find out more visit Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. at www.tesol.org.

As for me, tomorrow is another day. So maybe I won't get a room at the Marriott, the one that is attached to the Conference Center with easy access to everything and with a great view of the city. I guess walking is good for me. Hmm,  looks like I'll have to go buy a great pair of walking shoes. Such a hardship. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment