Thursday, October 13, 2011

Returning to My Favorite Spot

Today I am using an office in the elementary building that I taught ESL in for 11 years. My job has changed, I don't work directly for this district anymore, but for our area educational educational agency and my role for today is to be availabe to any teacher or administrator who may have an ESL question or concern. This is in addition to my regular online/telephone work which keeps me busy enough when I'm in my regular office. But I love this! I can see all the students as they move from class to class, taking me back to memories of students, teachers, administrators and parents of yesteryear, reminding me of why I do what I do. Why I continue to read and study, why I constantly search for meaningful and creative tools to share.

In my latest search, I ran across a free online dictionary, http://visual.merriam-webster.com/index.php. I've tried it out and have found it easy to use if you have all the downloads you need to run the visual and audio programs. I think it's worth the time and energy to check it out. It's another tool to help improve classroom instruction.

I'm going to take a little walk around the building and check out my old classroom. They say you can't go home again but it sure feels like home. It's one of my favorite places in the world and I'm going to soak it in.

P.S. Thank  you to http://careertechtesting.blogspot.com/ again for leading me to great information to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment