Friday, October 28, 2011

We Have All Been the New Kid

It is Friday!!! The sun is shining but there's a chill in the air, a perfect day to take advantage of a work jeans day.  It's quickly becoming the time of year that I crave curling up in front of the fireplace blazing with light and heat. Of course, I have to be in my fluffy robe, a cup of French Vanilla coffee on the end-table and a good book in hand.
I haven't read one good murder mystery or steamy romance for months and it's high time I do. But instead of my usual no-brain reading, the next book I'm going to tear into is "The New Kids" by Brooke Hauser. It's one of those books that I happen to read a review about in some educational email and for some reason I decided it sounded like something an ESL teacher should read. I've had it on my desk for over a week and finally this morning, while moving it from one pile to another, I opened it up. Oh my gosh, my intent was to read just the first page but I found myself still reading 20 minutes later. I am recommending a book that I haven't even finished the first chapter in!  This book is enjoyable with the promise of being great. You can borrow my copy when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment